Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Love Came

Write a list, they said,
of all the traits I wanted in a man.
So the list was made,
and I outlined the perfect plan.

But love didn’t come.

Go out and date, they said.
Eventually I would meet the right guy.
So I posted an online profile
and wished and hoped the sparks would fly.

But love didn’t come.

Frustration set in,
and I threw my list away.
Instead, I concentrated on my life,
living to the fullest each and every day.

My life was full, happy, and fun
as I focused on smiling and being with my son.
But something was missing still.
Then you appeared, the man who didn’t meet my requirements
yet found the place inside of me I had been longing to fill.

Sometimes, when we stop looking,
we find exactly what we desire.
That wonderful man who makes me smile
and fills my heart and soul with a burning fire.

It was then that love came.


No comments:

Post a Comment